J & S Gems and Partners Co. , doing business under the name “KARAT WORLD” (“Karat World”, our”, “we”, or “us”), expresses our commitment to the protection of your data, in compliance with Republic Act No. 10173 or “the Data Privacy Act of 2012”; related rules, regulations, and issuances of the National Privacy Commission (“NPC”); and with the adoption of constantly changing commercially acceptable standards for data protection (collectively, the “Law”).
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We may collect Personal Data from you in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when you visit our Website, register on our Website, place an order, subscribe to any of our newsletters or marketing materials, respond to a survey, use any of our Services, fill out a form, and communicate with us in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Website, official social media pages, or any other medium. You may be asked for, as appropriate, your name, email address, mailing address, phone, mobile number, and/or payment details, among others depending on which of our Services you wish to use.
You may, however, visit our site or any of our social media accounts anonymously. We will collect Personal Data from you only if you voluntarily submit such information to us. You can always refuse to supply your Personal Data, except that it may prevent you from using any of our Services.
As used in this Policy, Personal Data shall include both Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information as defined under the Data Privacy Act of 2012.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
(a) Purchase and delivery of products and Services. We use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
(b) Provide, troubleshoot, and improve our Services. We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of the our Services.
(c) Recommendations and personalization. We use your personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with our Services.
(d) Comply with legal obligations. In certain cases, we collect and use your personal information to comply with applicable laws.
(e) Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to our Services via different channels (e.g., by phone, email, chat).
(f) Advertising. We use your personal information to display any of our products and Services that might be of interest to you. We do not use information that personally identifies you to display interest-based ads.
(g) Fraud Prevention and Risk Mitigation. We use personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, Karat World, and others.
We may process your Personal Data for any of the aforementioned purposes and in accordance with the terms of this Policy for the duration as stated in the terms of the activity and for such period as it is allowed under the law to process and retain your Personal Information.
STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal Data provided by you to us may be stored, processed, and/or accessed by us in jurisdictions in which we, our third-party service providers, our affiliates, or agents maintain facilities, as applicable. By using our Services, you expressly consent to any such transfer of information. We may use and share non-Personal Information with third parties in order to provide you with our Services, among other purposes.
We may anonymize your Personal Data (remove information that could be used to identify a person) and share it in aggregated form with third parties, advertisers and business partners to analyze usage, demographics or interests, improve our products or Services, improve user experience, or for similar purposes.
Your personal information shall be retained for as long as the purpose for which it was collected, and such other purposes that you may have consented to from time to time, remains in effect until such time as it is no longer required nor necessary to keep your information for any other legal, regulatory or business purposes. We undertake to delete your personal information when the information is no longer necessary pursuant to the above conditions.
PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We fully recognizes the value of your Personal Data particularly as it may include Sensitive Personal. Appropriately, we strive to maintain the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your personal information by employing physical, technological and procedural safeguards. We are committed to implement physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your Personal Data against loss, misuse, damage and unauthorized processing, access, disclosures or modifications of Personal Information. We train our employees to properly handle your information. Whenever we engage other companies to provide services for us, we require them to protect personal information aligned with our own security standards and with the applicable laws. We continuously review and enhance our security policies and security measures to consistently maintain a high level of security.
We will strive to implement commercially reasonable administrative, technical and physical controls to secure your Personal Data, to minimize the risks of theft, damage or loss of Personal Data, or unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure. However, the security of your Personal Data also depends on you. Any transmission of your Personal Data by you is made at your own risk.
SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
Subject to any limitation and consistent with the guidelines set under all applicable laws, you consent that we may provide any information you provide and made available to us about you and in connection with your use of our Website and any of our Services to third parties which include the following:
- With the staff and employees of Karat World and our affiliates, as applicable;
- With third parties to provide the Services requested through a partnership or promotional offering made by us or by the third party, if any;
- With the general public if User Content is submitted in a public forum, such as blog comments, social media posts, or other features of our Services or activities that are viewable by the general public;
- With third parties with whom you choose to let us share information;
- With our subsidiaries and affiliated entities and their employees that provide services or conduct data processing, data centralization, customer support, and/or logistics purposes on our behalf;
- With vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf, such as work related to:
a. compliance with legal requirements;
c. addressing fraud, security, or technical issues, to respond to an emergency or otherwise to protect the rights, property or security of our customers or third parties; or
d. carrying out all other purposes set out above
7. With regulators, law enforcement officials, government authorities or any competent authority in response to a request for information if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process, including the following instances:
a. there is a complaint, dispute or conflict relating to the service provided by us or any proceedings in defense of claims or enforcement of rights and/or upon any compulsory order by a court of competent jurisdiction or any other ground/s allowed under applicable law;
b. it is necessary to perform our obligations to you in relation to your use of our Services;
c. it is required, as determined solely by us, by applicable law, regulation, ordinance, license, or operating agreement; or
d. it is necessary, as determined by us, to protect our safety, rights, property, or security or that of any third party; to detect, prevent, stop or otherwise address
8. with any other entity in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company; and
9. with any third party to whom we transfer any of our rights and obligations.
DATA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under the Law, you are entitled to the following data privacy rights -
- The right to be informed whether your Personal Information shall be, are being, or have been processed;
- The right to object to the processing of your Personal Information;
- The right to reasonably access your Personal Information;
- The right to dispute the inaccuracy or error in your Personal Information and have us correct it immediately and accordingly;
- The right to suspend, withdraw, or order the blocking, removal or destruction of your Personal Information from our records;
- The right to file a complaint with the National Privacy Commission for any violation of your data privacy rights;
- The right to be indemnified for any damages sustained due to such inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained or unauthorized use of your Personal Information not in accordance with this Statement; and
- The right to data portability of your Personal Information.
LINKS TO OTHER SERVICES
Our Website and/or our social media platforms may contain links to other websites, applications, and social media pages of third parties that are not owned or controlled by us. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites, applications, or third parties and we encourage you to read the corresponding privacy statements and policies.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND CONSENT
By submitting the required Personal Data to us, you consent to our collection, disclosure and use thereof. You hereby expressly waive and release us from any and all liability, claims, causes of action or damages arising from our legitimate use of the submitted Personal Data.